Saturday, April 19, 2008

Crying at Movies

I have another confession to make. I cry at some movies. Even if I have seen the film 100 times, I still cry at certain parts. Even if I tell myself, I am not going to cry at the scene, I will anyway. Usually what triggers the tears are scenes involving rescue or something heroic. I guess I have lived the life of an underdog, which is why those kinds of films do what they do to me. So, what are the films I mainly cry at? "Superman" when he rescues Lois as she falls off the building. "A View to a Kill" when James Bond rescues Stacy from the burning building. "Rocky IV" when Rocky wins in Russia and makes his statement to the people at the end. "Forrest Gump" when he sees Jenny in Washington on the mall. "Love Story" when Jenny dies. I guess there are others, but those are the ones that stand out. If you are showing one of those, and I happen to be there, please have the Kleenex handy.

No comments: