Friday, April 18, 2008

Be Sweet

There was a woman I used to work with at Macy's named Mary. She hired me, when it was Rich's, because she was in charge of HR. Later, she became the secretary to the store manager. When my father died, she told me that I could be going down the highway and hear a song on the radio that reminded me of him, and I would start crying. It was true. When my Mother died, it was the same way. The years have gone on, and it has gotten a little better, but yesterday I was reminded of it all again. A song came on the radio. I don't know who it was, but a woman sang "Be Sweet". It reminded me of Mother. She would always tell me to be sweet, after she told me that she loved me. I would usually tell her to be strong. So, this weekend, when things are a little frustrating, please be sweet.

No comments: