Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Serving

As an adult, I have felt that my calling was to make others happy. Using my dry wit, I make people laugh, even if it is for a short time. A laugh helps one get through the day. There is one problem with this though, and that is that when I need someone to make me laugh, there is usually no one around. What do ministers do, when they need ministering to? I guess that's why I have been depressed over the last couple of years. People expect me to help them get over a problem, but when I need help... You get the picture. And why give money to people you don't know? Tsunami victims? Hurricane victims? Starving children in Africa? It makes you feel good to give to these charities, but maybe we need to look closer to home first. Your next door neighbor? Your relative? Your friend?

No comments: