Thursday, March 27, 2008

Leatherheads

There is a movie coming out in about a week called "Leatherheads". It stars George Clooney and Renee Zellweger. The film was shot primarily in the upstate of SC. So today, Greenville gave the two stars the keys to the city. They had a presentation downtown this morning, and of course I went. There was probably around 500 people there, mostly women with cameras. I got there about an hour and a half before the ceremony, so I got a good place to stand. Unfortunately, it turned out that I was behind the cameras from the TV stations. After the presentation, George and Renee started signing autographs on the opposite side from me. The people around me started chanting "George" to get his attention. After a few minutes, he came around to my side. Speaking from a straight guy's perspective, George is very handsome, and Renee was prettier than I expected. I had a magazine with the two of them on the cover. He came by and signed it. I told him "Thank you", and he told me "You're welcome". Everybody was going crazy. Then, Renee came by, but her publicist said she could get into the tight area, because she was wearing heels. I asked the publicist if she could sign my magazine, and she did. It was the last autograph she gave. After that, I got the idea to go around to the back of the hotel and wait for them to leave. A few others had the same idea. When George came out, the screaming and riot started. I tried to get him to sign a poster, but he didn't. I did get sharpie on a girl's arm though. She'll probably think it came from him, and will never wash her arm again. I almost got crushed in the melee. But, George was very nice. He understands the need to meet and greet the public. I don't know if the movie will be good, but the day was.

No comments: