Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Concerts

Being an old rock and roller, I have been too a lot of concerts in my day. So, I thought I would list them, as many as I can remember. The first was Ike & Tina Turner. I didn't actually go inside. I was in high school, and I pulled into the parking lot of the Carolina Colliseum. I rolled down the windows of the car, and I could hear the show through the closed doors of the venue. As for the ones I actually attended: (in no order)
Mountain, Goose Creek Symphony, Canned Heat, Climax, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Willie Nelson, Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band w/Joe Walsh, Todd Rundgren, Nils Lofgren, Dave Edmonds and Burton Cummings, Gary Lewis, The Shirrells, BB King, Gene Cotton, Johnny Cash & The Carter Family, The Who (lost hearing there), The Rolling Stones, Steel Pulse, The Lovin' Spoonful, Crosby Stills & Nash, Richie Havens, Delbert McClinton, Aretha Franklin, James Brown (one song), George Carlin, Andre Crouch, Danny Lee & The Children of Truth, Silers Bald, Tim Hardin, Roger McGuinn, Micky Dolenz, Billy Preston, Buddy Guy, George Jones, Three Dog Night, Wet Willie, Ricky Skaggs, Tom T Hall, Ratdog, Dr. John, Ray Charles, Taj Mahal, John Mayall, Earl Klugh, Bob Hope, Anita Bryant, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Mac Frampton Triumvirate, Jerome Hines, The New York Philharmonic, Johnny Winter and more that I can't think of right now. A varied group. A varied musical taste.

No comments: