Monday, March 17, 2008

PC

I was at Presbyterian College a short time, when I discovered two things--alcohol and drugs. I had done a few drugs at Anderson, but nothing like this. As far as alcohol was concerned, it was mostly beer, gin or vodka. I drank 22 beers in a three-hour period, and passed out for two days. We did a play in Atlanta at a church, where I was the male lead. I went to a bar before the play and got drunk. I don't remember anything about the play, but the other actors said I was fantastic. I wish I could remember it. I vowed never to drink before performing again. As far as drugs, I did pretty much everything available at that time except heroin. I knew a guy who got hooked on that stuff and killed himself. I was also smoking cigarettes and cigars. Life was good.

No comments: