Monday, March 17, 2008

Woodstock

I always wished I had been at Woodstock in 1969. I was there in spirit. When I was in high school, they would refer to me as the short-haired hippie or The Woodstock Kid. That name kind of stuck. I listened to the soundtrack and would go to the movie every chance I got. Sex, drugs and rock n roll were very appealing to me. In college, I got involved in the anti-war movement. I was a member of several peace groups, many of whom I found out later were funded by the Soviets. Because of my involvement, I had a guy from the FBI follow me for a while. Years later, I requested my FBI file under the Freedom of Information Act, and they sent it to me. It was 2 pages long with my name at the top. The pages were blackened out, with a disclaimer for reasons of national security. You have to remember, this was during the Nixon years. There was a lot of paranoia. In college, I let my hair grow longer. It was a fun time.

No comments: