Monday, March 17, 2008

The Football Team

I had these articles in the school paper. One night, I went to a movie on campus that I really wanted to see. There were several athletes there too, and they were cutting up and making it hard to watch the film. I wrote an unsigned article for the paper the next day on the lack of intelligence of the football team. The only people who knew I wrote it was the editor and asst. editor. The asst. editor told the football players that I wrote it. They had a meeting and decided that I needed to be punished. Firecrackers were thrown under my dorm room door. The door was also set on fire. I was forced to leave school for a week and missed some tests. I flunked out of two classes. I finally had to admit to the coach that I wrote the article, and he called off the attack. I also had to agree to go to all of the home games. I had to learn to tone down my words.

No comments: