Friday, March 5, 2010

An Update

I am sorry that I haven't written anything in a while. No excuse. I wasn't washing my hair. I didn't have to do my nails. My car wasn't in the shop. I was sick, but I am better now. Another round of pneumonia. Quite frankly, I have lost count how ever many times I have had pneumonia since being in the shelter. It seems like it has been pretty constant since September. It is like living in a petri dish. There are germs galore. But, they told me that I have to be out of there by March 14th. My six months there will be up, and I can't get an extension. The problem is that I don't know where I will be going next. If I was mentally ill; or had an addiction to drugs or alcohol; or was physically disabled, then I would qualify for housing. But, not if I am somewhat normal without a job. Funny how our system works. They reward those folks who are messed up but not the sane ones. I even had a mental evaluation, and they found me normal. That is scary, huh? So, I am desperately looking for somewhere to live. Preferably with someone at their house. At least for now. Then, I could start selling my stuff on the internet again and make some money. Hopefully, I can write more later. Peace out.

No comments: