Saturday, January 9, 2010

Two Events

Since last we met, two things have happened that I wanted to comment on. First, my trip to see the cancer doctor. As I asked Joni, is it okay to be scared and positive at the same time? She said yes. I was scared. What were the spots on my lungs? I hadn't smoked since 1980. After a lot of questions and examination, the doctor said he thought the spots were a result of my pneumonia and not cancer. I am to go back in a month for a follow-up, but I was relieved. They did take some blood. The nurse was so good, I didn't feel a thing. Then, the doctor told me not to worry about paying him anything. I went to see a social worker there, and she gave me a card that said I would get any treatment and tests for free. A real answer to prayer.

The second event happened at the city bus terminal. A man was approached by a city police officer. The man was told to go outside. He said that he was waiting for a bus. The officer repeated himself. The man repeated himself. Then, the officer put handcuffs on the man and searched him. It looked to be as police brutality, but other homeless people told me that it was another example of how the city police can do whatever they want and nobody can do anything about it. If it had happened to me, I would be running to a lawyer and suing the city. I hope no policemen are reading this blog. I should have done something after the cop stopped me for cutting through a parking lot, which was not posted. Live and learn.

No comments: