Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mother's Birthday

Today is January 2nd, 2010. That's the first time I have written "2010" in the new year. It usually takes a month for me to remember the correct year.

Today is my Mother's birthday. Both my brother and mother felt cheated in that their birthdays fell around Christmas. My brother's is December 10th. Neither one got really good birthday presents, since Christmas was so close. Usually, it was just a card on their birthdays.

Mother was a special person. I have talked to some people whose mothers were hateful people, but my Mother was very loving. She told me that I was a special baby. Apparently, she had to have an operation for me to be conceived. I don't know the facts about that.

Mother introduced me to the James Bond films and the music of The Beatles. She loved music, books and movies. It is kind of funny that Daddy didn't share in that love. He liked some of the arts, but he didn't have a passion for it. Mother did. I did take Daddy to see "Jesus Christ Superstar", and he liked that. But, that appeal was rare.

So, today is Mother's 95th birthday. I didn't get her a card. Hopefully, this will do instead. Happy Birthday.

No comments: