Monday, November 9, 2009

Some Things

Okay, another apology is in order, so don't shoot the piano player. I haven't written anything in a week or so. But, I've been sick. After writing the previous blog, I had to go to the ER, because I couldn't breathe. Some more antibiotics (because they don't know how to cure me) and some pain killers to make me more comfortable (that didn't work). What I truly need is a good night's sleep. That's hard to do, when I am coughing for four hours straight. There is no air circulating in there, and I can't breathe. I must ask again--if you have an extra room, please consider letting me borrow it for a while.

I continue to look for work, but it is increasingly difficult. The unofficial unemployment rate in Columbia is 22%. It is hard to compete with that, but I may be making a little money soon.

I do spend a lot of time in the library. It is an oasis, however I can't figure out what the security or staff do. They have signs everywhere about not using cellphones at the computers, because it can be disruptive, but they don't seem to enforce it. But, God help you if you fall asleep while reading. The library was closed for one day last week, so some of us went to the State library to use their computers. It is a good little hike to get there. Nowhere is there posted the maximum time once can use the computer (an hour), nor how many times you could get on the computer (twice). I walked up there a third time, as the county library limit is 3 times, and was turned away despite them having open terminals. If anybody from the State reads this, please encourage the State library to post some rules where we can see them.

Well, I guess that about sums it up for now. Please continue to pray for me. I need all the prayers I can get.

No comments: