Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Library

Today has not been a good day. First, I was awakened by a guy in the shelter who wanted to call someone on his phone prior to 5am. I told him to shut up, but he ignored me. Others in the sleep room were upset with him, too. Then, I went to the library to find some people cleaning and vacuuming the carpet, so I had to go to a computer terminal away from my favorite area. I am a creature of habit. Then, I broke a tooth. Then, I went to a job fair several blocks away, but they only had 3 companies represented--an insurance company, the US Army, and the city of Columbia. Hardly much variety. I went back to the library to watch my favorite TV show online--NCIS. It was the first new episode in two weeks, and I was really looking forward to it, since I don't have access to a TV. But, due to the continued vacuuming and not enforcing loud noise from people, it was almost impossible to concentrate. The library is closed tomorrow for some employee training. Why couldn't they have cleaned then? What do the library workers do all day, other than stare at their computer screens? When I was growing up, I was taught to be considerate of others. Between the guy this morning and the people in the library, consideration has gone out of the window. But, do I complain? No, because I'll be branded as a troublemaker. Any excuse to ban the homeless from the library is what they are looking for. So, I'll be a good little soldier and be quiet. At least, for now.

No comments: