Monday, November 30, 2009

Drug Test

Okay, so I had to go to the hospital, and they diagnosed me with pneumonia. They gave me a powerful antibiotic, which has just about knocked it out of me. So on Friday night, the mission had a surprise drug test for guys in my program, and I failed it due to the fact that the antibiotic gives a false positive for opiates. I told the tester about that, and he said he didn't want to hear it, and said I needed to see the man in charge of the program.

Today, I saw him. I brought it to his attention, because I didn't want him to think I was covering anything up. I showed him the sheet from the doctor about the false positive. He said he was going to have to do his own research.

Was he doubting my word? Was he doubting the pharmacist? Was he doubting the hospital? Was he doubting the doctor? It just seems strange that people can't trust you. And then, we have guys in there who are abusing the rules by bringing in radios and even a TV, when they aren't supposed to have them. I am trying to follow the rules, but I get punished. I know life isn't fair, but this is just too weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this the way you comment? Guess so...

This is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard in my life and you do not deserve this treatment! There's a reason for it and you won't know what that is until later.

If I weren't 130 miles away you would definitely be welcome to take a bath and sleep here. Do people think you're joking about all of this?!?! If so, they're sick!