Monday, November 23, 2009

Bath Taking

I have written sbout this before. I like baths. I adore baths. Showers are okay, but a bath relaxes one in a way that showers can't. It relieves the stress of the day.

But, I come with a plea. A bath for me has become a necessity. I need a hot bath desperately. To use the steam to clear up my lungs, and to use the heat to relax my aching chest and back. In addition, this cold and wet weather has gone straight to my core. I can't find anywhere that is warm enough, not even the mission, except for the brief hot shower at night. And, the mission does not provide heat for my floor. With just a thin sheet and blanket, as well as sleeping in long pants and a t-shirt, it just isn't enough. Even the library doesn't have its heat on. I had to sit down at the post office for a few minutes this afternoon, as they had heat.

If you are on or near a bus line, and you would be willing to let me take a bath at your house during the day very soon, please contact me at durst11@gmail.com. Thank you and my God bless you and your heat.

No comments: