Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Dreams

I dream in color. I have heard it said that those who dream in color are usually more creative than those who dream in black and white. There is not a real theme to my dreams. Some are action dreams. Others have people I know in them. Still others are dangerous dreams.

Most recently, my dreams have been pretty vivid. Recently, I had a dream, where I was helping Roger Moore as James Bond fight Grace Jones. Who knows why that was my dream, because often I dream about things that have crossed my mind that day, and I don't remember thinking about that. But, that's the great thing about dreams. They sometimes surprise you.

Without sounding too strange, I have been dreaming a lot recently about my friend Konnie. I have thought about her many times. She is a very good friend and a genuinely nice person. Maybe if she wasn't married... But, that's another story for another time. My Konnie dreams make me happy in an otherwise not so happy life, and they provide me with warmth in an otherwise cold existence.

For the most part, my dreams provide an escape, which I need staying at a homeless shelter. I usually remember most of my dreams. After my father and mother died, I would dream of them constantly. I thought I was going crazy, but thanks to the advice of a friend, I treated them as "visits", and they eventually subsided.

I once dreamed lyrics and music for a song, but I woke up without writing them down. That's a regret, because I think that's how McCartney wrote "Yesterday".

There are those who say they don't dream. I think they do, but they don't remember them. Dreams are good. I hope I have a good one tonight.

No comments: