Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Walk

Last week, I told somebody about my dire financial need, and how I needed $130 to pay two bills--my phone bill that is my lifeline, and my storage bill where my stuff is kept. There was no way I could pay them. So, Sunday I got an anonymous gift, and I could pay my bills.

So, yesterday, very early, I took the bus out Bluff Road to the storage facility. It was a cool, crisp morning. I got a jacket and shirt from storage and paid my bill. Then, I looked at my bus map and realized it didn't come back by my stop going back to town, so I had to hike two miles to the nearest bus stop. I went through grass and mud, as there wasn't much in the way of sidewalks, and I had to dodge the traffic, since it was the morning rush hour. I made it to the stop and didn't have to wait long for the bus, but it does seem to me that they should run the going and coming on the same route. But, with all of the walking I have done over the last several weeks, two miles was a piece of cake. But, do you know the difference between Columbia and Greenville? In Greenville, somebody would have stopped and offered me a ride. Not in Columbia.

No comments: