Thursday, September 24, 2009

More Observations

If you spend any time in the library, you'll see the strangest sort of characters on this planet. From a guy who talks to himself to a kid who laughs out loud for no reason to people sleeping while pretending to be reading to babies crying and the mothers who don't try and shut them up.

I like late Summer afternoons in the park, despite now it is early Fall. You wouldn't know it by the temperature. Yesterday, a duck was eating. I saw the duck today, so he survived being dinner last night for the homeless who stay in the park. Today, there were two girls hanging out and taking a break from a city that is just a block away. I went to the park to take a nap, since I had been nodding off at the library, but the girls across from me kept me awake in the park.

And the question of the day is...why can't the cleaners (yes, the one without same-day service) get my order so terribly wrong? I took a pair of pants in there yesterday and told them I needed them today. So, when I went to pick them up, they brought out a "Superfly" coat with a big plaid design and big buttons. When I told the woman that it wasn't mine, she insisted that it was, because it had my name on it. They found my pants, and I let them keep the coat. It won't be Halloween for another month or so.

No comments: