Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More Observations

If a new city bus driver is going on her first route, please tell her what her route is. She went to the right initial pickup point, but someone told her she was wrong, so all of us that got on took a side trip around a block that we weren't supposed to. Then, she didn't know how the doors worked. Then, we made frequent stops. Then, a man in a wheelchair had a hard time getting on, because she didn't know how to use the ramp. The trip should have taken 20 minutes, but this trip took 45 minutes.

Speaking of buses, for a city this big, there needs to be more routes and more buses. There are too many transfers. I know the bus system is on shaky ground, but if this city wants to attract more businesses, they should think about a first-class bus system or light rail. And, whatever happened to the tram that used to run down Main Street? I know most of the stores are gone, but it could connect businesses with restaurants or tourists from hotels to museums. Just a thought.

When going into a fast-food eatery, they ask you is it for here or to go. Why is it that at one particular restaurant, I say it is for here, and she always hits to go? Does she want me to eat there? I think it is discrimination, because they have trays. They just don't want me to use one.

I got kicked out of Macy's yesterday, because I was visiting friends and not buying anything. With all the money I made for them in the past, you would think they would welcome me with open arms. But, Macy's is not about logic. Never has been. I've applied several times in the past year for jobs there. I'm told that I'm not qualified. 30 years of retail experience in all aspects of the job, and I'm not qualified? Kinda makes you wonder.

And, the biggest question for today is...why do some people say they are my friend but yet don't respond to my emails or phone calls? Friends are very precious to me, especially if you have read anything about my time growing up. No reaching out there to me.

And another big question for today is...when one enters the homeless shelter, you have to sign a paper saying you are a professing Christian. So, there is a lot of profanity in there. You are told if you use profanity in there, it is grounds for dismissal. At 4:10 this morning, some guys in the sleep room decided to wake everyone else up to have a conversation. Wake up time is 5:30am. When one told them to be quiet, they mocked him. So, when others complained to the managers, nothing was done. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of Christianity some people profess. I went to seminary and a lot of Sunday School classes. And, I just don't remember the Bible talking that is a requirement for Christians to be rude and crude. Maybe, it is in a different version, that I am not aware of.

No comments: