Thursday, August 13, 2009

Woodstock Music

The Woodstock Music and Arts Fair in 1969 was much more than just the music. It was a happening. It was a place for peaceful people to get together. It was a life-changer. I have already discussed how that event changed me. But, I wanted to take a moment to talk about the music. If anybody has listened to the soundtracks, you will have heard some of the music that was played at Woodstock. But, there were a lot of artists that were there that didn't make the soundtracks. Some of that music has showed up on the DVD's. I have tried to see as many acts as I could who were there in 1969. Some of the artists aren't around anymore. Here is my list:
Canned Heat, Mountain, Crosby Stills & Nash, The Who, Richie Havens, Johnny Winter, Bob Weir (Grateful Dead), and Tim Hardin. Let me know if you have a larger list. Rock on.

No comments: