Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Phone

Contrary to popular opinion, I am not very savvy with new technological procedures. I am a quick learner, but I really need to be shown how to do something, and then I am a wiz in doing it. So, this morning, I had another test. I was going out for groceries, and I got my phone to take with me. I always check the phone first thing to see if I have any messages, especially after being in the bathroom, where I can't hear it ring. When I looked at the phone, there was a message that said something about battery failure. I am always recharging the battery, so I knew that it wasn't that the battery had died, but rather there was something wrong with the phone itself. We had a storm last night, so maybe the line surged. At any rate, there is no way to change the battery, as it is a cheap phone, so I needed to go to the store to get another one. My first stop was K-Mart, but they didn't have what I wanted. So, I went to Walmart. I found the phone that I needed and paid $15 for it. I use prepaid phones for reasons that are obvious to any regular reader of my blogs. I got back to the motel (I am getting VERY tired of staying here, but there is nowhere I can go seemingly) and opened the package. I must say that, as a guy, I don't like reading directions. Since the phone was from the same company as my old one, I knew something about how to get it started, but I had to read the directions on where to plug in the battery charger. Guess what? It wasn't in there. You know what else? The instructions didn't cover how to put in numbers in the address book or how to change ring styles. About the only thing in the instructions was how to turn it on and make a call. I had to figure the rest out. Hopefully, I did. At any rate, I think they make phones for folks who are technically savvy. Or else, the ones that aren't have a child or grandchild who is. I am just lucky that God gave me a brain to reason stuff out. As for my finances, I will probably have enough to stay here one more week, barring any terrible expenses. I am thankfully selling some stuff today on eBay. If they pay me on time, I should be okay for one more week. But, if there is anybody out there who would be willing for me to stay with them for a while, please let me know. I am pretty quiet and won't get in anyone's way. Thanks. And, how about this cooler weather? The rain is wonderful. Oh, I could go on and on, but I am washing clothes right now, and I need to move them to a dryer.

No comments: