Monday, July 27, 2009

Stormy Monday

I am a big fan of Blues music. I guess The Allman Brothers started that love for me, although it might have been Johnny Winter. At any rate, the Blues are good. Whether it is old style music or the newer stuff. Guys like B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, and many more really touch me. And, the Blues don't have to be depressing. It is sort of like Jazz. Some Jazz can be soulful, while others can be upbeat. It is the same with the Blues. I really got into it, when WUSC had a Blues radio program on Monday nights. After playing volleyball at First Baptist, I would go get something to eat and listen to the Blues on the radio. So, why am I bringing this up? There is a great line in a song--"If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all." That's kind of how I feel today. Yes, I am still trying to stay positive, but I am also searching for someone who can identify with my plight. "No one loves you when you're down and out." No, this is not a self-pity blog today. Or maybe it is. But, when I come off a weekend now, when most folks have good memories about something they've done, I am mostly coming off a couple of days of reflection. You see? I don't do much on weekends. I used to go places and do things. I used to go with friends to parks and have fun. I don't do that much anymore. Most of my friends have other lives. They have other friends. They do other stuff. I sit here at the motel and watch TV and reflect. I try and do things by myself, but I am a people person. I like being around people. I like to laugh. I watched some of "Mamma Mia" on TV yesterday. I don't usually like musicals, but that was a fun movie. I love the music of Abba. And, the film gave me a good feeling. Right now, I need good feelings. I need a job. I need a place to live. I need money to live. Things are not so good right now. "I wear my heart on my sleeve." If anyone can spare a couple of dollars, my PayPal acct. is durst11@gmail.com. "They call it stormy Monday..." God bless you and say a prayer for me.

No comments: