Thursday, July 2, 2009

Some Things

This past week has been one for the books. First, there is all the hooplah surrounding our governor. If you have read my previous blogs, you can see where I come down on that issue. It is just a shame though. South Carolina is really a good place to live. We are not all sex-obsessed. We are not all rednecks. We are not all crazy. But, the media seems to think so. Maybe after all of this scandal is over, folks will once again see us as good people. Maybe.

Then, there was Farrah's death. We all knew it was coming. And, she should have gotten more press, but unfortunately Michael Jackson died on the same day. The TV stations have turned into the Michael Jackson channel. All Michael. All the time. We have learned a lot about him and his family. I hope there are some who are prosecuted for providing Michael with the drugs, if in fact that is what killed him. But, you know history repeats itself. Think Elvis. How many other celebrities are out there who have people catering to their every whim? Can someone say no to these people? Where is the responsibility?

Several others have died recently too. Seems to be going around. Like Karl Malden. He was 97. He was one of those people who you thought had already died. Is it possible to die twice?

The Army is pulling out of Iraq. At least, most of them are. A lot are heading to Afghanistan instead. How would you like to be a travel agent right now? How could you sell Afghanistan?

I went to the zoo yesterday. A calming place. The animals don't know who MJ is. They don't know who Mark Sanford is. They don't know where Iraq or North Korea is. They just hang out. We could learn from them.

If you have read my blog before, you may have read about the time that I accidentally got in the Prosperity Christmas parade by trying to avoid hitting a truck and finding driving behind Santa in the parade for a couple of blocks. Well, this Saturday I will be in the Peach Festival parade in Gilbert for Andre. It will be the first legit parade I have ever been in. I will have to practice my wave.

The 36th anniversary of my trip to Europe is coming up. Last year at this time, I wrote all about my trip, but I may put in some anecdotes or revisit those days. It was pivotal in my life.

Rock on.

No comments: