Saturday, July 4, 2009

Peach Parade

I had another experience that I can cross off of my list of things to do. I was in a parade today. I had actually been in a parade once before, but that one was by accident. I was coming back from Laurens, after visiting my parents, a couple of weeks before Christmas. I was on this two-lane road and saw out of the corner of my eye a flatbed truck coming into my lane from a side street. I had to swerve to avoid hitting it and found myself in the Prosperity SC Christmas parade. I was driving right behind the Santa Claus float for about two blocks, until they turned off the road I was on. I waved to the few people along the road before moving on. But, the parade today was planned. I went to the Peach Festival in Gilbert SC, and walked in the parade passing out Andre Bauer stickers. I gave out a bunch of stickers to everyone I saw. Mostly country folk. Most of them were very nice. It was hot, but very much a party atmosphere. I even met Congressman Joe Wilson. Andre was once again nice to me and gave me another tip about a possible place to live that I will have to check into next week. I had not been feeling good the last couple of days. I think it was a stomach virus. But, being around those people today helped me feel better. I don't know if it counts being in a parade, if you don't really wave at people as you walk by, but giving out the stickers and walking by folks who were sitting in chairs, I guess constitutes being in the parade. At any rate, I am counting it as such. Unfortunately, I didn't get to eat any peaches. It was really too hot to do that. Maybe next time. So, there aren't many things left on my list of things I haven't done yet that I want to do. Because there are some things I just don't want to do like bungee jump or parachute out of a plane. Although, I did do a parachute simulation at Fort Jackson once, but it wasn't quite the same. It was only about 20 feet off of the ground. I don't think I want to ever wash windows on a skyscraper either. Some stuff is just common sense. I would like to fall in love, or have someone love me, but that is for another show and another life. And, I would like to open my own memorabilia store, if someone would be willing to go into business with me to put up the money. I have the stuff. Maybe one day. I also would like to fly in a private plane. I have been in big planes lots of times but not the small ones. The smallest was a 25-seater. Maybe one day. After I take some Bonine. I don't know what all else right now. I'm sure I can make up a more formal list, but that's for another blog. Another day. And, happy 4th of July to you and yours.

No comments: