Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cool Guys

There have been many people, that I have come across in my life, that I would classify as "cool". For one reason or another, they have exemplified a total coolness. People who were just fun to be around. People who had a way about them. Always a smile. Truly creative. I know that there are some folks who would say that I am cool, but my coolness has been drawn from the coolness of others. What is cool? It is hard to define, but you know it when you see it. It is an aura. They buried a cool guy yesterday in Gratten Tomlinson. He was a cool guy. The funeral was nice and just as he would have wanted it. Funerals should be celebrations. Not sad times. I just heard that Myron Broadwell's mother passed away yesterday. Myron is a cool guy. Richard Owen is a cool guy. He has been a friend since high school. Sonny Smith is a cool guy. He has also been a friend since high school. Marshall Edwards is a cool guy. He was my pastor in the 1980's at First Baptist. Eddie Lee is a cool guy. He has been a friend since college. There have been other cool guys that I have known. Each one I draw from. But, you wanna know a secret? Just being cool does not pay bills. I am in a deep funk right now. I may have one more week of funds with no job and no place to live. I have a good emotional support group, and I know there are people who love me, but I am not sleeping worrying about my future. Please help me. I am not ready to have people come to my funeral and talk about what a cool guy I was. My PayPal acct. is durst11@gmail.com. It is difficult for me to ask for funds to continue to carry on. Please help me. Stay cool.

No comments: