Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bumpy Ride

We flew from London to Rome. I had never been on a plane that had seats facing each other like on a train. I was on a seat facing the tail which was weird taking off. That didn't make me feel too good. Then, they brought around a snack of ham which didn't make me feel too good. Then, we hit an air pocket, and the plane dropped like 8000 feet in 2 seconds. And, I lost it. I started hyperventilating, and I got very cold. I couldn't breathe, and my heart was racing. They laid me down on the seats, and the flight attendants began to work on me. They had me breathe into a paper bag which helped a little but not much. They took my blood pressure and listened to my heart. My blood pressure was sky high. They gave me some pills for the nausea and to try and calm me down. Nothing seemed to be working. A little British lady a couple of rows back told them to give me some hot tea. That did the trick. My color came back, and my blood pressure got back to normal. To this day, if I get nervous or upset, hot tea works. When we got to Rome, everyone on the tour was asking me how I was. I felt great, because all of those drugs they gave me were taking effect. Floating down the sidewalk. They told the girls in our group to watch their butts, because Italian men liked to pinch them. We went to the Spanish Steps, which was around the corner from our hotel, and sure enough, there were butt pinchers there. I didn't get any pinchers after me, but the girls did. Go figure. Probably because I don't have a butt. I wanted to get a good night's sleep after the plane trip. It was very welcome.

No comments: