Thursday, June 18, 2009

An Apology

I would like to take this time to apologize to the PETA people. These folks want to protect animals. I have made it a point to feed the birds and squirrels. I have tried to be nice to cats and dogs, even though I was almost eaten by a dog, when I was a small child. I love to be around horses and enjoyed riding them. I like to look at cows. One of my favorite places in the whole world is the zoo. The nice thing about animals is that they give you unconditional love, at least most of them do. I have blogged before about the birds and squirrels and recognizing that they all had jobs in their community. So, why am I apologizing to PETA? Well, a couple of days ago, President Obama was being interviewed in the White House, and a fly wouldn't go away, so he killed it. PETA was upset with Mr. Obama. They said he should have captured it, and then let it go outside. I got up this morning to go to the bathroom, and there was a roach in the bathroom. I captured it, and flushed it down the toilet. I know I did wrong. I should have captured it and let it go outside, but I didn't. I am very sorry PETA people, but I draw the line when it comes to bugs. I am very afraid of roaches. I lived in a duplex in Fort Worth. Every night, upon coming home from work, I would literally spend an hour killing roaches and moths. The duplex was right behind a Mexican restaurant. Roaches are my least favorite thing. I understand the concept of the elephant and the mouse. The elephant is big, and the mouse is small, but if you put a mouse in with an elephant, the elephant will freak out. That is the way I am with roaches. I don't mind spiders, but I hate roaches. So, PETA people, please forgive me. I do like your ads on not wearing fur though.

No comments: