Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another Birthday

Today is my birthday. I won't say which one, but you guys can figure it out. WIS TV had my picture on their Birthday Club this morning, but thankfully they didn't list my age. I am not hung up on age, but since most of my friends are younger than me, I don't want to give them a shock. Some may have heart conditions, and I don't want to be responsible for any tragic happening. Today is Wednesday, and I was born on a Wednesday at 4am. I don't remember that day, although I do have pictures. They are in black and white. Another clue to my age. I do remember some stuff about those early years. Mostly, they are times that I got in trouble. Like launching ice cubes across the room of a fancy restaurant. Or the time I got lost in the grocery store. Or the time my next door neighbor showed me how a egg hatches and a chicken comes out. Those were all good times. Anybody, who has kept up with this blog over the last year, knows that times have not been so good. In fact, those times were pretty dark. Quite frankly, 6 months ago I would have told you that there was no way I would see this birthday. But, thanks to some friends (they know who they are), I have seen that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am not out of the tunnel yet. In fact, there may still be some turns before I get out of the tunnel, but I don't want to turn around and go back the way I came. I know what is important in life. Some people may not understand that. That's okay. We all have different priorities. Mine, right now, is to continue to be amazed at life. That is why this birthday is important to me. Some folks might not understand why I tell folks that it is my birthday, or why I told some that my birthday was coming. I didn't want anyone to feel obligated to do anything for me. I just wanted them to know that I made it to another year. For me, it is a great accomplishment. I haven't done it alone.

No comments: