Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ponderable Question

What is a ponderable question? It is something that makes you go hmmmmm. As an actor, I was trained to look at people and situations. See how people react and then use that to create a character. So, here is a ponderable question. Why do old people make faces at young children? And, why do the young children think the old people are funny? You don't see it as much with middle-aged people or younger. There is a movie out now with Brad Pitt called "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". I haven't seen it, although I hear it is very good. It is about an old man who grows younger. Maybe there is a connection between the old and the very young. It used to bother the fool out of me, when I saw my father make faces at strange children. Usually, this took place in restaurants. He took joy in making these children laugh. Their parents thought it was cute, I guess, but it embarrassed me. I guess this is one reason why I haven't had kids. Maybe, you need to have had kids to fully appreciate the concept of old people making young children laugh. Maybe, it is a special talent you acquire by being a parent. Whatever it is, it makes me wonder. The jury is still out on that one. Maybe, I am a bit more like Clint Eastwood in "Gran Turino". Just a thought.

No comments: