Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Tribute

I skipped yesterday's blog, because of putting my resume up. I hope someone sees it, who can provide a good job for me, but I also needed to write something today. That is one thing about writers. We need to write. I wanted to write a short piece on a friend. He served Richland County and didn't get paid. He helped others, but very few knew his name. He was a gentle soul, but he could be mean when he had to. His name was Woton, and he was a member of the K-9 group in the Sheriff's Department. He was trained to fight crime, and served very well. He was very protective of his human partner. As he got older, he was retired from the force, but he lived in a loving home. He had done his work. Now, he needed help, as he had helped others when he was younger. He had some health problems, much like an older man would have. He couldn't walk around very well due to arthritis. He had some internal issues, but Woton was brave. Last week, it became necessary to say goodbye to Woton and allow him to go to doggie heaven. I believe that we will be reunited with our animals in Heaven. To Woton, and others in our lives, thanks for helping us. Thanks for giving us unconditional love. And to Woton...He Lived To Serve.

No comments: