Friday, November 7, 2008

Community Excuses

We have excuses for everything. No one wants to take personal responsibilites. It is always someone or something at fault. There is a study out now that bullies may have a disorder. Ya think? I was bullied every day for three years. It affected me greatly and almost killed me. Yes, I blame the bullies. I don't blame their brains. I don't blame their environmental situation. I don't blame any water they drank. I blame the bullies. I know that one of them have told me that they regret what he did to me, but there are a few more who haven't. Do they regret what they did to me? Do they even realize what a negative impact they had on my life? I don't suppose I will ever know that for sure, but it came down to the fact that they hated me and felt better for doing harm to me. They didn't know that they had a physical or psychological excuse to beating me up. Oh, it is okay honey to push Walter down three flights of stairs. You have a disorder. Oh, it is okay honey to push Walter over the breezeway into the bushes. You have a disorder. Oh, it is okay honey to hit Walter and bruise his arms. You have a disorder. Everything is an excuse. So, when are people going to step up and say they are wrong? Prisons are full of people who did wrong things. Are we raising a generation of people who can't accept they did bad? Just give them a pill and tell them that they are people too. I don't care who I make mad here. I am going to tell you something that makes me mad. The boys and some girls who did bad things to me during those junior high years affected me greatly and, in large part, negatively. As a Christian, I have learned to forgive them, but I cannot forget. I cannot use them as an excuse for me turning out the way I did. After all, much of my experiences I have used in my acting. People wonder where the powerful performances come from? It is from those years, where that emotion built up in my brain. I found a way to release it. Thanks Paul, Greg, Rhett, Gaines, and others who created me. You may have been monsters. Today, they would just give you a pill and send you on your way. You had an excuse.

No comments: