Friday, October 31, 2008

The Funeral

Today was a very long day. I got down to Columbia yesterday and spent the night at my brother's house. He and I left this morning to go to Charleston for my Aunt's funeral. It was at Sullivan's Island Baptist Church. There was a good crowd, and I was glad to see my cousins again. It is a pity, though, that the only time we see each other is at funerals or weddings. There is a wedding in the family in January, so maybe we will all get together again then. We have a big family of cousins, mostly living in the Charleston area. The funeral lasted an hour at the church. It seemed a little too long, but it was nice. We then went by motorcade to the cemetery in Mount Pleasant. I really got turned around, but thankfully my brother drove, and he followed the other cars. I think we would still be driving around, if we didn't follow others. The cemetery service was short and sweet. We then headed to my cousin William's house for lunch. The spread of food was fantastic. And very good. John and I left around 2pm, so we could get back to Columbia, and I could go on to Greenville. My car acted up on the way back here. I hope I don't have to get it fixed again. Mainly since I can't afford it now. I am pretty tired now, but I am very glad I went. As I said yesterday, Aunt Lib was the last one of my Aunts and Uncles. She raised some wonderful people. A quality of Dursts.

No comments: