Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Peggy Update

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday, when I went back to the hospital to visit Peggy. She was smiling and laughing, so I guess the shock of hearing she had a stroke had worn off. I asked her if she was on drugs, and she said no. She was just having a good day. She needs to have better days than bad days. She needs to do her rehab and not give up. She is feisty, so she should do okay. The therapist came by as I was leaving. I think I knew him, but didn't get to see for sure. I got to talk to Konnie and Joni, but didn't get to see either one this time. I plan to go back next week to see how Peggy is doing, among other things. My friends mean the world to me. You already know that. I have talked about it enough, but in a way, not enough. Without much in the way of family, my friends ARE my family. Maybe they get tired of me, but I would be nothing without my friends. Okay, I am getting mushy. Guys aren't supposed to be mushy. We are supposed to be strong. I don't know who decided that, but okay. I won't get mushy. Just give me my dreams. One of my favorite movies, believe it or not, is "Swamp Thing". When Adrienne Barbeau sees Swamp Thing for the first time, she says: "Am I dreaming?" Swamp Thing says: "Dreams are what you have when you're alone." I love that line. I am alone a lot. I have dreams. I am dreaming now...

No comments: