Thursday, September 4, 2008

James Bond

I love James Bond movies. My Mother introduced me to them. We used to go to the movies together. The first one we saw was "Goldfinger". It was 1964, and there were a bunch of soldiers in the theatre, so they all laughed when Honor Blackman said "My name is Pussy Galore". I didn't understand why they were laughing, and Mother didn't explain. We went to every Bond movie through "Live and Let Die". Then, I went onto college and moved away, but we did see others on video together. I saw the films multiple times. Even before video came out, I would go to the movie theatre to watch Bond. When "The Man With the Golden Gun" came out, I was at PC and went to the theatre every night for a week. I was home one summer, when there was a triple feature at a drive-in of James Bond movies. Of course, I went. When the movies came out on video, the first format was CED Videodiscs. I bought a player and all of the movies. I think they may be collectible now, since that format isn't made anymore. Then, I got all of the videotapes. I bought all of the movie posters. I still have a few of those. In fact, I almost got kicked out of seminary for having a "The Spy Who Loved Me" poster in my dorm room. They couldn't deal with Barbara Bach wearing a low-cut black dress. I got the James Bond games and toys. I collected autographs of actors and actresses who appeared in the movies. I still have most of those. Having seen all of the movies multiple times, my brain is full of trivia from the films. Ask me anything, except for the Daniel Craig movies. I am not totally sure about that one, but just give me time. I am now looking forward to "Quantum of Solace". It starts in November. And now, I am going to tell you something that I never have told anyone before. When I am driving, I watch my odometer. When the last three numbers are "007", I hum the theme from "The Man With the Golden Gun", until it turns to "008". If I am at a red light, I may have to hum the theme twice. If I am on the freeway, the humming won't last too long. Why do I do this? Because, I got my first car, when the movie was popular. I have been doing it ever since. I know it is weird, but that is part of my world. Now you know.

No comments: