Monday, August 18, 2008

Dreams

I have dreams. They keep me alive. If I didn't have dreams, then there would not be any reason to live for. I am not talking so much about the dreams one has when asleep, although some of those can be very good. But, my dreams are all about what would make me happy. You see, happiness is the one thing in my life that is the most elusive. I am good at making other people happy. I give laughter to others. People think I am funny. Everybody loves a clown. But, I am not happy inside. So, what would make me happy? A few things. As far as work is concerned, I have three ideas. First, to own a store. It would be a store that sells pop culture memorabilia. Music, Autographs, Posters, Videos, Clothing, and other Memorabilia. I have enough of that stuff to last me at least 7 years without obtaining anything else. It is a passion I have had for many years. Without giving away too much on how I would make it a success, my secret would involve multimedia. So, why is this just a dream and not a reality? It requires money. More money than I have. Probably to the tune of $50,000. As far as I am concerned, it might as well be a million dollars. Banks won't loan money to me, since my credit is so poor. No one will take a chance on me. So, it is still a dream. Another dream is to work in a spot, where I can use my talent of finding people. Thanks to a job I had several years ago with the US Government, I was taught how to find anybody. On average, if you give me 20 minutes, I can find someone. It is like a game to me. Surely, there is somewhere who needs to find people. I can do that. Another dream is to perform. I have all of this experience as an actor. I have all of these Bible-character monologues. I wish I could make the two happen. Another dream is to be paid for my writing. Whether it be with songs or with prose. Surely there is somewhere out there who would like me to write for them. Being creative is a curse. We want to share with others, but we have to be discovered. That's why I hope someone reads this blog. To see what my talents are. My last dream is to love. I want to love someone, and for that person to love me. I want to have someone hug me, and to see me for what I am. These are my dreams. I want to be happy. Right now, I just dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Walter..this breaks my heart. I know first hand what it's like to have big dreams that never seem to come to fruition. What has kept me strong is knowing that I have a good life. Surrounded by those who love and care for me. I have made huge sacrifices to follow the things that selfishly make me happy. My career has been one of them. I can't say keep dreaming... only keep trying. From what I know of you ..you have a heart of gold.I hope it gives you strength to never give up.