Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Myspace

I have a Myspace site and have for quite awhile. The address is myspace/wdurst. It is very interesting to keep in touch with old friends, and some not so old. I also can keep in touch with some of my favorite musicians like Bob Dylan and Ringo Starr. As I am not the most tech savvy person on the planet, I have recently discovered posting pictures on the site, so I have been searching the Web for pictures that mean something to me. So far, I have three albums. One has pictures of me and my friends. The second has pictures of films that I have been in. The third has pictures of places that I have visited. I am also planning at least two more albums. One of famous people I have met, and another of famous people I have seen. I have several websites out there. Three of them involve selling records and tapes. One is a Music Birthdays site. I also have a Facebook site, and of course this blog. One of my favorite movies is "My Fellow Americans" with Jack Lemmon, James Garner, and Dan Aykroyd. Lemmon and Garner played former Presidents, and Aykroyd played the current President. In one scene, Aykroyd accused Lemmon of making money on his past presidency by books, dolls, and appearing in Japan with a stuffed panda. Lemmon countered by saying that he never did it for the money. He just wanted a taste of what he once was. There is a lesson in that. I have a lot of websites to remind people that I am still out there. I may not be the most successful person, or the most wealthy, or the most powerful, or the most athletic. But, I do have some qualities like caring, loyalty, and creativity. And, I have friends.

No comments: