Friday, May 16, 2008

Body Types

When I went to an audition for the mini-series "Chiefs", they said they really liked me, and I did great. But, I was the wrong body type. I was supposed to play the deputy to Brad Davis. Brad was short and thin. I am tall and thin. But, they got an actor who was tall and fat instead. It didn't matter that I was more talented. I was the wrong body type. It is like that in life. Society cares more about how you look than what is inside. The same thing with relationships. How many times have you been attracted to a good-looking person? Not the ones with the good personalities. Not the smart people. Not the ones with a good sense of humor. It is the attractive types. If you look at the bridal pictures in the paper on Sunday, look to see how many are attractive. Will those relationships last? Hard to say. The problem I have had over the years is poor self esteem. I know I am not the most handsome man on the planet. I am not muy caliente, if that's how you spell it. I am not macho. But, I think I do have some good qualities. I am funny. I am somewhat lovable. I am sensitive and kind, usually. I am very creative, which makes me slightly quirky. So, to all you women out there, when you are tired of the pretty boys, let me know. I'm pretty loyal. Call me.

No comments: