Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pet Peeves

Everybody has pet peeves. Things that just get under your skin. Well, I have a few in no particular order.
1. People who don't use their direction signals (blinkers) on their cars. I know that all cars have blinkers. They are standard. So, I suppose that folks just have something else in their hand like phones, cigarettes, or something else. It is incredibly rude to not use them, if you are changing lanes or turning. I am not a mind reader.
2. Women who write checks in the grocery store checkout line. I would imagine that they have debit cards. And, it takes just as long for your money to come out of the bank. And, it is much quicker and convenient to use a debit card. But, they insist on being slow and writing a check.
3. Newscasters who use the phrase "non-life threatening" to describe an injury to a person. If they are injured, they are not dead. Pretty simple stuff.
4. On-Star is a waste of time. They play on your fears about your car running into a tree or a house. I would guess that there are way more GM cars sold with On-Star that never run into trees or houses than those that do. If you are accident prone, or just a really bad driver, then On-Star is for you.
5. Rap Music. Those two words have nothing to do with the other. And this comes from a songwriter, who knows something about melody.
I am sure that there a lot more in my mind, but that will give you enough to chew on for a while. Think about it.

No comments: