Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Impressions

I have a confession to make. It is not much of one, because I think a lot of people do this too. I look at people and jump to conclusions without knowing what may be something entirely different. My friend Gwen and I used to sit in Columbia Mall and make up stories about people as they walked by. It was just a funny thing to do. They could have been spies, criminals, models or whatever. However, I usually see somebody and size them up first before getting to know them. And usually, my original assessment of them is wrong. I think it comes from all of my years in retail. Observing people is also a necessity, if you want to be a good actor. There was a girl named Donna, who I met while living in Texas. I thought she was so stuck-up, but then I got to know Donna, and she couldn't have been nicer. You just never know about people. So, this brings us back to me. Yes, I am 54 years old and never married. No, I don't have a girlfriend, although I wish a few were, but that's another story. Yes, I am straight. I am just a little different, or as Konnie said "unique". I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if we as a civilization would get to no others without just making assumptions, there might be a lot more peace in this world. Idealism 101.

No comments: