Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hare Krishna

When I was a student at Anderson College, I got involved in meditation through the Krishna movement. After all, I got free magazines and incense. I didn't shave my head, but it was a way to keep me calm and in touch with myself. I meditated frequently in my dorm room and recited the Krishna mantra. We were contacted to meditate at noon one Saturday at the same time of a nuclear test in Alaska. The thought was that if everybody meditated at the same time, that our pressure would cause the test to fail. The test went on without a hitch, so I stopped meditating as much. But, to this day, if I feel extremely stressed, I will recite the mantra, and I will calm down. Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

No comments: