Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools

My mother and I had the same bizarre sense of humor. She was also very creative, and I inherited it from her. Growing up in our house, there was a lot of laughter. There had to be. On April 1st, she would wake me up with the words "It's snowing!", and I would look out the window and see the dogwood tree with the flowers on the ground. She would laugh, and that would start my day. As I got older, the joke got a little old. When I was in high school, she woke me up on an April 1st with the words "It's snowing!", and I said "Yeah right". I looked outside to humor her and saw that we were having a freak April snow. It was really snowing! Had she been psychic all those years? Or, had the joke become so stale that I started doubting her word? Either way, it snowed, and I didn't have to go to school that day. I miss her laugh.

No comments: