Monday, March 31, 2008

The Beatles

In February 1964, my Mother told me to watch The Ed Sullivan Show. There was going to be a band on there called The Beatles. She liked their music, and she wanted to share it with me. I was zapped through the TV. It was almost a religious experience. Ever since then, I liked The Beatles. I became obsessed. At one point in the 1980's, I had the second largest Beatle video collection in the world. It was documented. In 1993, The State newspaper did an article on Del, Chris and me and our Beatle collection. I still have some stuff--records, posters, autographs, videos, t-shirts, etc. But, I have had to sell off a lot. Probably the coolest thing I had were two signs that I bought at an antique store. They were for fans to know which buses to take to the Atlanta concert in 1965. I also had a gold record award and a platinum record award. When my mother died, I placed a Paul McCartney button in her casket to say thanks. "Til There Was You".

No comments: