Wednesday, March 19, 2008

White's Part 2

I went back to JB White's to work. I was a sales associate in Stationery, Luggage and Housewares. It was pretty interesting, and the people were nice. One of my bosses was Pam's father. You remember Pam? My first love? So, things went on pretty well, until I caught a cold. I was working one night and had taken three Co-Tylenols. I know the directions say two, but it was a really bad cold. I was in the midst of a transaction, selling a card to two women, when I suddenly felt sick. I excused myself and tried to get to the stockroom across the aisle. I fainted on the floor. I woke up quickly and heard one of the women say "He just left us". They didn't see my problem apparently. I tried to stand up, but my legs were like jelly. I crawled to the stockroom. Pam's father was working that night. After they got me to where I knew what was happening, he sent me home. Thankfully, I only lived 3 blocks from the store, so I drove very carefully home. The store never fired me, but they never gave me any more hours to work. I was technically still on their payroll until they went out of business a few years ago.

No comments: