Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wanda

I had gone back to First Baptist in Columbia, when I got back from Ft. Worth. Pam was a member there. We helped start the Singles Ministry there. I went to a retreat at Ridgecrest NC, and one of our guys brought a friend of his to the retreat. Her name was Wanda. She had just gotten out of college. We hit it off. She was a writer and very creative, not mention funny and nice to look at. Wanda and I became very close over the next year. We went out several times, and I could see spending my life with her. We went on a mission trip to Philadelphia with a few others from the church. I did puppet shows, and she was a teacher of young kids. We had a lot of fun. I was very active in the church, but she started not coming as much. We grew apart, even though we remained friends. Eventually, she got married and joined a cult. Her marriage came to an end, but not being in the cult. She tried to get me interested in the cult, but it was just too way out for me. I tried to get her out of the cult, but it was no use. I still have feelings for Wanda, but it would never work. I'm sorry.

No comments: