Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Semi-Tough

There was an announcement in the paper in Ft. Worth. Anybody wanted to be in the movie "Semi-Tough" should show up at the Cotton Bowl, where they were shooting. It was for extras in the football scenes. So, I went. The first day, there was about 10,000 people there. It rained, so they didn't do a lot of filming, but we got to watch stuntmen doing stunts. A lot of people didn't come back the next day. In fact, there was only about 20 of us. They used us for tight shots in the stands, and moved us around, hoping nobody would notice. In the widescreen version, you can see empty seats on either sides of us during the Super Bowl scenes. The film starred Burt Reynolds and Kris Kristofferson. Kris was very approachable, but Burt had a bunch of security people around him. The fun people were the Houston Oilers that they had for some of the football players. I don't know their names, but we had a good time with them. I met a bunch of other famous folks while in Ft. Worth: Julie Newmar, George Hamilton, Lynda Carter, Tom Lester, Heart, Charlton Heston, Hope Olson, and more. It was a good time. I embarassed myself with Julie Newmar. She played Catwoman on the Batman TV show. I went with some friends to the premiere of "Superman". I would stay for the credits, because I might see someone I knew. That night, the theatre was packed. When the movie was over, everyone left except me and Julie Newmar. She was wearing an orange micro-mini crochet dress. She was also very tall. She saw me staying for the credits, and I saw her, so I left before she did. My friends were outside, running around with one arm out like Superman. I started doing that too, and ran around the corner, and my fist went right into Julie Newmar's chest. It bounced off. I apologized, and she said it was okay. Then, she asked why I was watching the credits with her, and I explained that I had done a couple of films and thought I might see someone I knew. She thought that was interesting. My close encounter with Catwoman.

No comments: