Sunday, March 30, 2008

CIA

Okay, I briefly "worked" for the CIA in Israel in 1973. So, in the late 1980's, I thought it would be cool to work for them full-time. I went to a seminar about the agency, where folks were recruiting. I expressed an interest in being a courier or analyst. They gave me a 30-page application that took me a week to fill out. They wanted to know who my friends were since birth. They said I needed to be honest, because they would find out if I wasn't, so I did. I sent it back in and got a letter--thanks but no thanks. I wrote to them and asked if it was because of my anti-war activities in college. They wrote back and said yes. Then, I asked them what if I renounced all of that, could I still be hired? They said no, because a foreign power could blackmail me. So, I didn't get the job. Oh well.

No comments: