Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chiefs

I went to an audition for a CBS mini-series called "Chiefs". I read for the deputy to the sheriff played by Brad Davis. I didn't get the part, because I am tall and thin, and Brad Davis was short and thin. They decided on somebody tall and fat instead. My mother wanted me to work with Charlton Heston. After all, I had met him a few years before in Fort Worth, and he had been very gracious to me. Mother loved him as Moses and Ben-Hur. So, she wrote him a letter asking him if he could get me a part on "Chiefs". He wrote back a very terse letter to her, saying it was unprofessional for me to ask my Mother to write such a letter. He was rather rude. Maybe it was the beginning of his Alzheimer's. I also lost out on an audition for "PM Magazine". WIS TV wanted someone to host a segment on historical places around SC. I didn't get that either. It went to a professor of Drama at USC. He quit it soon thereafter, because it took up too much of his time. I would have been good at that.

No comments: