Thursday, April 8, 2010

Catching Up

Well, you know I don't write this blog every day anymore. I don't know why. I guess I am feeling a lack to say anything important. Things are kind of mundane right now. Oh, there are things going on. I had a job interview on Tuesday with Macy's. Yes, Macy's. The same Macy's that I left 2 years ago, because they hadn't given me a raise in 4 years, and I could no longer afford to live, so I moved to Greenville. The same Macy's that I was supposed to transfer to the Greenville store, but no one did the paperwork. The same Macy's where I tried to get hired back on numerous occasions, but they said no. Well, finally they said yes. Come in for an interview, so I did. It turned out that the job was for a floater with no set hours, but a job is a job, and I will find out next week. They also want a full-time furniture associate, and I asked to be considered for that, despite the fact that the supervisor doesn't want me. Jealousy is a bad thing in business. Can't we all just get along; bury the hatchet; and move on? I can, but others can't.

I am still trying to find a stable and secure place to live. Right now, I am staying with a friend at a motel, but I don't know how long that can last. He doesn't have a car, and I have to ride the bus, and I don't have money to ride the bus. The bus doesn't come by here on weekends, so I have to walk 3 miles to the nearest bus stop to get to church. Someone did offer a place to me that would be much cheaper near USC, but if I got the job at Macy's, it would be impossible to get there. I also have a friend who tells me that he will protect me, if I choose to live outdoors in a sleeping bag. That is a scary option. At least, I am not around a lot of homeless people right now. Many of them are good people with unfortunate things that have happened to them, which has put them in this position. Others choose to be homeless and don't want to better themselves. They live off of society. They are rather sad. But, one needs to show them respect at any rate. We are all God's children, after all.

I have a few things up on eBay right now. If you do a seller search for "wdurst", you'll find them. Please bid on them, if you can. I need the money. I'll try to do more later, if I can get help getting to my storage place to get them. I continue to have a strained relationship with some friends, but this experience has helped me develop new friendships. I wonder what I would have been like had I not left Macy's and moved to Greenville and then back to Columbia. Things would have been vastly different, and I am not sure I would have liked it. Sometimes, change is good. Sometimes, one needs to radically shake things up. That is where we are right now. And, if you can spare a few dollars, please paypal me at durst11@gmail.com. I really need a $40 monthly bus pass. And $100 to continue staying here another week.

God bless us all.

No comments: