Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas

I know Christmas isn't for a couple more days, but I probably won't have access to a computer until Monday, so I wanted to take this time to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I truly hate "Happy Holidays". I know why some say it, as they don't want to alienate anyone. After all, today is Festivus. Then, we are in Hannukah. Then, there will be Christmas. After that, it is Kwanza. How many more celebrations can there be? So, I don't want to alienate anyone either, but as for me, this is Christmas. We celebrate the 25th as the birth of Jesus, although it probably didn't really happen on December 25th. I have heard rumors that is was actually in April or some other time. It really doesn't matter what the day was. What matters is that he was born and later died for our sins, and rose again to show we have eternal life, if we believe. My Christmas this year will be strange. I may see some old friends (I don't mean they are old), and I will be visiting a friend in the hospital who is having surgery today. Christmas is a time of giving, and I plan to give of my time. So, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, or whatever you want to call it. But, just remember why we do this. Happy Birthday, Jesus.

No comments: