Saturday, September 19, 2009

Some Observations

Did you hear the one about the Indian Chief and the Alcoholic? Me neither. I was wondering if you knew. Probably the Indian Chief said "How", and the Alcoholic said "Much". Now, wasn't that funny? Side-splitting humor? Or, "How long?" That's a rather personal question says Monty Python. The ramblings of a fool. Stop before I kill again. I'll also kill for a soaking bath. FYI.

I was in the downtown post office getting my mail. A woman was literally yelling at the clerk. She was mad, because she didn't get mail everyday. She was blaming the sorter, the carrier, and the postal service in general. She said that her neighbors got mail everyday, but she didn't. My thought was that maybe she didn't get mail everyday, because nobody liked her.

Why do some dry cleaners not offer same-day service? I took my pants to be cleaned, when they opened at 7am. They advertise cleaning on the premises. So, why does it take 36 hours to clean a pair of pants? If they offered same-day service, I bet they would have lots more business.

Why are there no convenience stores in downtown Columbia? There is a CVS open 24 hours near USC, but that's it. And only one grocery store, and it's not near most apartments and houses downtown. What do they do if they need something quickly? If I had the money, I would open one and make tons of money.

No comments: